Weapon types

xXplatypewzXx

It's hard to tell what the weapon types are from the tooltip. The only way to be certain is to pick it up and shoot it. The brand icon could also be a bit bigger/clearer. One challenge says to get x kills with the Nano shotgun. Had to go to the customization station to figure out which shotgun I needed. Turns out it's the Slicer. So, either the tooltip needs more/clearer info or the challenge should have named the specific weapon.

• 9 months later...

ya knowing if it's a rifle, sub machine gun, shotgun among other types would be useful. i've picked up what looked to be a rocket launcher but shot lazers. or grenade launcher type weapons that didn't count toward grenade launcher daily quests. i noticed the icon that signifies it'll lock on and shots home-in on the target, but unless you look at the gun, it's hard to tell. the main game hud has the guns in catagories, but they seem to be based on manufacturer rather than a class of weapon. not to bring up other games, but catagories like Apex has their weapons catagorized could help with this. and then a seperate description for what manufacturers could be handy. i notice the thermal type weapons don't need reloading but overheat, which seems to be the most contained/unique of the manufacture based weapons.