Multiplayer error

Chroaton

Me and my girlfriend bought this game because of the multiplayer, but we could not join each other games, not once.  After joining to each other games game, starts loading screen and after a few seconds it stops and shows "network error, connection timed out"  and we could not play together. Please fix this.

Yes we both play on pc, through EGS. We both live in Russia, but we live in different cities. I have tried to find other players by matchmaking, after a while i load in into level, but only by myself.

Edited by Chroaton
Forgot to mention detail about different cities.

• IllFonic Staff

Thanks for the follow up!

Some more follow-ups after talking to a few people

• In your first post, am I correct in assuming that one of you sends the invite then the other starts loading and gets the error?
  • Can your girlfriend find other players if she searches for a match or does she end up starting her own lobby as well?
  • How long is the loading screen up for before you time out?
  • Can you send a DXDiag?
  • How is your network setup? Are you on wireless? Are you daisy chaining modems?
  • Do you possibly have a strict NAT type?

- Gertz

I will try and answer in the same order that you put your questions.

-Yes, you are correct. Also we encounter the same problem when we use "Join" button, to each other's game.

-Yes, my girlfriend can find other players when she searches for a match. Meanwhile i ending up starting my own lobby.

-Loading screen lasts about 10 seconds or so, not long.

-I did attached DXDiag with this post.

-"How is your network setup?"-i don't really know, i am using a router. I am using wire internet connection.  "Are you daisy chaining modems?"-I am sorry, i dont know what this means.

-I guess it possible, how can i look it up?

DxDiag.txt

• IllFonic Staff

Thanks for the additional info!

Going to pass off the info to the team.

Daisy Chaining is basically having multiple routers or modems all connected to one another until you hit the point you are hardlined into the wall. So it could be something like Wireless PC connection to a Mesh Extender which is wireless to the router which is hardlined to the modem which is connected to the outlet. On longer chains of connections there is a possibility that the connection degrades and could cause issues.

NAT setting information can be found here in this search

- Gertz

On 7/14/2021 at 1:02 AM, Gertz said:

18 hours ago, Gertz said:

Thanks for the additional info!

Going to pass off the info to the team.

Daisy Chaining is basically having multiple routers or modems all connected to one another until you hit the point you are hardlined into the wall. So it could be something like Wireless PC connection to a Mesh Extender which is wireless to the router which is hardlined to the modem which is connected to the outlet. On longer chains of connections there is a possibility that the connection degrades and could cause issues.

NAT setting information can be found here in this search

- Gertz

ahh. i get it now, but i have no such thing. my wire goes straight from pc, to router and then on the street. 

I have no firewall or antivirus except standart built-in windows 10 stuff. so it is definitely not antivirus, i also checked firewall for possible restrictions for this game, i double checked that game is allowed for connections by firewall. i also tried uninstalling, installing a game, changing language. this error still persist 

• IllFonic Staff

Thanks for the additional info, passing it off.

• I'm going to assume you can connect to one another in other games and things like a direct call on discord work fine? doing a traceroute direct to your girlfriend from Windows may help but may not...at least it'll give you an idea if there is break in the route from you to your GF for whatever reason

Ill follow up if/when I get more information

- Gertz

Yes. We can call each other through discord and such, just fine. We both noticed that in some games with peer to peer connection (recently it was hellpoint) we cannot connect to each other. In some (grounded for example) we can play fine with no problems. We also play games more open world like games fine, like the Division 2, no man sky, and so on. But just the other day we had problems connecting in watch dogs 2 for coop.